BristolCon Fringe is a series of readings by SF&F authors held throughout the year. They take place in the back room of the Shakespeare Tavern, 68 Prince St. They will start at 7:30pm, and food will be available until 8:30pm. We use this venue for our committee meetings and can vouch for the quality of their menu. The current schedule of readings is as follows:
- Monday October 19th – Jo Hall and Jonathan L Howard (as part of Bristol Festival of Literature)
- Monday November 16th – Tom Parker and Lucy Hounsom
- Monday December 21st – Simon Kewin and Sarah Ash
- Monday January 18th – Will Loram and Nick Walters
- Monday February 22nd – Will MacMillan Jones and Gareth L Powell
- Monday March 21st – Myfanwy Rodman and Pete Sutton
- Monday April 18th – Open Mic – all welcome!
We hope to see a lot of you at the readings. And if you are a writer who is interested in being part of the programme, please contact us on fringe [at] BristolCon [dot] org. There is a FAQ about the fringe here, where you can find more information and also a Facebook page where you can talk to us about the readings.
Open Mic nights are open to anyone to read; you don’t need to sign up in advance. Each reader gets 5 minutes – just bring something along and dive in!
Cheryl Morgan records the Fringe readings and these are available as podcasts on her site at www.cheryl-morgan.com